- Funaguchi Honjozo
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Crisp
- Sake is a far more versatile beverage than people give it credit.
- Pair with a spicy pork and miso udon soup;
- splurge on Wagyu beef cooked rare,
- or if you insist, it's pretty good with raw fish!
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, papaya, wild flowers
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, low-medium acidity, moderate intensity, long finish, tropical fruits, mango, yeasty
- Stocked in the fridge, this powerful "nama" sake is unpasteurized and undiluted. Brewed from snow melt from the Iide mountain range due North of Tokyo on Honshu, this 19% alcohol straight saké packs a full-bodied wallop. Unpasteurized, it's flavors are fresh, raw and crisp. Hard to find in the U.S. and totally worth the hunt!
Write Your Own Review