- Ramnista 2012
- Greece > Macedonia
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Dress it up or dress it down, Xinomavro can play it either way.
- Slow-roasted lamb or quickly delivered souvlaki.
- Braised short ribs or Memphis rib tips.
- Fricassée of chanterelles or mushroom pizza.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, truffle
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black cherry, earthy, mineral
- Kir means Master in Greek and Yianni refers to Yiannis Boutaris (yes, those Boutaris) who is held in the deepest respect as mentor of this influential Macedonian winery, originally a spin-off of the Boutari Wine Group. Now run by sons Stellios and Mihalis, half of their Naoussa vineyard (and 100% of their signature bottling, Ramnista) is planted to Xinomavro, "the Nebbiolo of Greece."
Write Your Own Review