- Village Chardonnay 2017
- New Zealand
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- When a Chardonnay balances fruit, zest and viscosity, they match with everything from roasted to rich.
- Pair with a panko-crusted cod filet,
- garlic and citrus chicken
- or veal in a lemon cream sauce.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, lime, peach, wet stones
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, creamy, citrus fruits, stone fruits
- The benchmark for Chardonnay produced outside of Burgundy, Kumeu River is still a family affair, with Michael Brajkovich (NZ's 1st MW and resident yeast freak) the longtime winemaker since taking the reins from his father. Their Village Chardonnay is whole bunch pressed and mostly barrel fermented in older oak with indigenous yeast. 75% of the wine ages in tank and 25% matures in used French barrels.
Write Your Own Review