La Bella Sud
- Aglianico del Beneventano 2016
- Italy > Campania
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy,
- Match a deliciously chewy Aglianico with deeply-flavoredl fare.
- Braise some oxtail, short ribs or veal shanks.
- Grill a skirt steak, lamb chop or pork loin.
- Grab a pizza - spicy sausage will be your best bet.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, baked fruit, leather , spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, spicy, coffee, barnyard
- Grown as far back as the Phoenicians and at home on both Greek and Roman tables, southern Italy's Aglianico has the lineage and history that should've made it a household name, but all it got was unfairly saddled with the Barolo-of-the-South moniker with its stretched, yet constant comparisons with Piedmont's Nebbiolo. Savory and taut, La Bells Sud's offering ages in large used barrels to soften its chew.
Write Your Own Review