- Verdicchio di Matelica 2016
- Italy > Marche
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Match a richly textured Verdicchio with full-flavored fish dishes and of-the-season vegetables.
- Pappardelle with zucchini and mint-parsley pesto,
- tuna tartare
- or sea bass with artichoke caponata.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, honeysuckle, stone fruits, wet stones
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, peach, almond
- Located in the commune of Matelica (insert Master of Puppets joke here), La Monacesca was founded in 1966 and produced wines from its newly planted vineyards in 1973. The grapes for their flagship Verdicchio are hand-harvested, lightly pressed without SO2 treatment and rest on their lees in steel tanks until spring. The finished wine is released one year after harvest.
Write Your Own Review