- Aragone 2008
- Sangiovese, Syrah, Alicante, Carignan
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair supple Tuscan reds with robust, yet succinct flavors.
- Try pan-roasted chicken with olives and capers,
- tagliata con rucola (sliced steak with arugula)
- or bucatini marinara with sausage and peas.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral, olives
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, raspberry, black cherry, licorice
- Started by Joe Bastianich (Babbo, Otto), his mother Lidia (Felidia) and chef Mario Batali (everywhere), La Mozza showcases the Mediterranean style of Tuscany, spotlighting the warm weather grapes of the Maremma by blending Syrah and Alicante under the dominant Sangiovese. Aragone refers to the 15 century Barcelona Aragons, who buddied up with the Medicis in the Maremma.
Write Your Own Review