- Morellino di Scansano I Perazzi 2012
- Sangiovese, Syrah, Alicante, Colorino, Ciliegiolo
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- Forward-drinking Morellinos make great pals with casual, one plate meals.
- Try tagliatelle with roasted fennel and pancetta,
- a sopressata and fontina grinder
- or an extra cheesy pizza. Toppings, your choice.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, cherry, licorice, smoky
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, floral, cherry, forest floor
- Started by restaurateur Joe Bastianich (Babbo, Otto), his mother Lidia (Felidia) and chef Mario Batali (everywhere), La Mozza showcases the Mediterranean style of Tuscany, spotlighting the warm weather grapes of the Maremma by blending Syrah and Alicante (Grenache) under the dominant Sangiovese. On the downside, it may inspire you to purchase a pair of orange clogs.
Write Your Own Review