- Pinot Noir Grand Detour 2009
- Pinot Noir
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Pair savory Pinot Noirs with rich and earthy dishes.
- Try fettuccine with a lanm and wild mushroom ragù
- or a Moroccan-style lentil stew.
- Hedonists may go for roasted pheasant or woodcock.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, herbaceous, smoky, tea
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, black cherry, mushroom
- Named after the Illinois town where John Deere had his blacksmith shop (Yes, that John Deere, inventor of the 1st steel plow and great-great grandfather of original Landmark owner, Damaris Deere Ford), Grand Detour Pinot Noir is a blend of 5 Sonoma Coast vineyards, aged a year in barrel. Its sensory hallmarks are cooking spices, black tea and savory truffle.
Write Your Own Review