Le Petit Haut Lafitte
- Pessac-Leognan Blanc 2013
- Sauvignon Blanc, Sémillon
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Crisp
- Pair a stony and citrusy white Graves with richly sauced or textured dishes.
- Serve with butter-poached oysters on zucchini and leeks,
- prosciutto and goat cheese timbales
- or Dover sole a la meunere.
Eyes: Pale Yellow-Green
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, nutty, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, lemon, peach, hazelnut
- Historic property, with a grape-growing lineage dating back to the 14th century, purchased by Scotsman George Smith in the 18th century and the source of it's name, Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte produces 10,000 casse of red wine, but it's the 3,000 cases of white that garners most of the attention. Their 2nd label offering, Le Petit, is created during the blending process of the Grand Vin.
Write Your Own Review