Leonard Oakes Winery
- Steampunk Cider NV
- Apples (various)
- U.S.A. > New York
- Bubbly White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Pair crisply dry ciders with sweet, spicy or salty fare.
- Try walnut and gorgonzola ravioli in sage butter
- or smoky pulled pork tacos.
- Traditionalists with knock a bottle back with a ploughman's lunch.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, green apple, mineral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, off-dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, lemon, pear, red apple
- Equidistant from both Buffalo and Rochester, about 10 klicks south of Lake Ontario, the Leonard Oakes Estate Winery not only sits on the Niagara Wine Trail, but since 2011 has augmented their award-winning lineup of wines with what must be New York's coolest cider; melding proper British crispness with juicy American flair and wrapping it up in an anachronistic sub-genre.
Write Your Own Review