Les Clos Maurice
- Saumur La Piece d'Or 2013
- Cabernet Franc
- France > Loire Valley
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Lean
- Cabernet Franc - something for everybody.
- Loire locals will do rillettes du porc.
- Mediterraneans will try eggplant with roasted peppers.
- NYC'ers will takeout roast chicken and buttered asparagus.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, earthy, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, raspberry, creme de cassis, spicy
- A winemaking presence in the town of Varrains, in Maine et Loire, for over 200 years, the Hardouin family farms 50 acres of prime Saumur-Champigny vineyards, with son Mickael, having taken over from his father Maurice in 1997, converting their property to biodynamics a few years back. La Piece d'Or is the 5 acre plot, planted entirely to Cabernet Franc, where this wine begins life.
Write Your Own Review