- Coteau La Tour 2009
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Got a bottle-aged, cool climate Syrah?
- Try lamb meatballs with a cumin-mint tomato sauce,
- duck breasts with thyme-infused honey and balsamic pan-sauce
- or veal chops stuffed with creamy Fontina.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, eucalyptus, red fruits, violets
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, leather , raspberry, olives
- Four generations removed from the French Savoie, the Charrère family is a pretty big fish in an extremely small pond. The Aosta Valley is Italy's tiniest winegrowing region and, along with fellow ex-pats the Grosjeans, they are the area's best known winery. Their lauded Coteau La Tour is 100% Syrah (originally Vino do Tavola, as Syrah was not recognized in the DOC until 2007.)
Write Your Own Review