- Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2016
- Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Cinsault...
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Spicy, Hearty
- Serve a bold Chateauneuf-du-Pape with full-flavored fare.
- Pair with pan-seared, rosemary lamb chops,
- tea-smoked duck breast with hoisin sauce
- or bistec de palomilla on top of black beans and rice.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, raspberry, black pepper
- Beginning with Pope Clement V, an avid wine lover who was Archbishop of Bordeaux, six successive popes resided in Avignon in the 14th century, building their summer "home" just south of it. The red wines that gave fame to the region (and the 1st to be struck by phylloxera in 1866) may be produced from up to 18 specific grapes, with Grenache Noir usually dominating.
Write Your Own Review