- Brunello di Montalcino 2011
- Sangiovese Grosso
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Pair a blockbuster Brunello with full-flavored meats and game.
- Serve sliced porterhouse or baby lamb chops.
- Wild with boar and vital with veal shanks.
- Try with braised rabbit or roasted squab with truffles.
Nose: Intense, developing, cedar, red fruits, violets
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, black cherry, licorice, truffle
- Vintners for over a century, the Sassetti family has a storied history in Montalcino. In 1967, Livio Sassetti helped found the Consorzio del Brunello di Montalcino. Now, with son Lorenzo in charge, their 40 acres on the Montosoli hill are biodynamically farmed and the family's reach is from the Maremma to the Veneto. Their archetypical Brunello is always a critic's fave.
Write Your Own Review