Lopez de Heredia
- Rioja Cubillo Crianza 2011
- Tempranillo, Garnacha, Mazuelo, Graciano
- Spain > Rioja
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match an aged Rioja with roasted and long-cooked dishes.
- Try a Moroccan-style lamb tagine with apricots and green olives,
- game birds like quail or guinea hen
- or balsamic-glazed, braised short ribs.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, cooking spices, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, smoky, cherry
- For over a century, López de Heredia has been keeping it old school. Extended families from the Spanish countryside and Portugal, returning generation after generation, hand-harvest the grapes. They farm organically, cooper their own barrels and age their Cubillo Crianza for 2 years in used oak, fining them with (vegan alert) egg whites and rest the unfiltered wine for 2 more years in bottle before release.
Write Your Own Review