- Rebel 2016
- Baga, Touriga Nacional, Bical
- Portugal > Beiras
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Fresh
- Baga produces wines that are capable of long aging, but some are great in their youth, too.
- Try with the classic pairing of suckling pig,
- burgers, thick, juicy steaks
- or other goodies straight from the grill.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, black currant, brambly, raspberry
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, raspberry, blackberry, chocolate
- Despite his father becoming the first winegrower in Bairrada after its demarcation, Luis Pato chose to dissent in 1999 and leave the DOC denomination, instead labeling his wines as Regional Beiras. Not one prone to stagnate or blindly follow tradition (in 2011 he made red wine from a white grape), Rebel is a modern-styled approachable Baga. And funny faces aren't required to enjoy it.
Write Your Own Review