- Almacenista Palo Cortado Vides
- Palomino Fino
- Spain > Andalucia
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Palo Cortado is a versatile tablemate.
- Pair with a savory onion soup to start
- and a square of super-dark chocolate to finish.
- Bon vivants will sip this with roasted partridge or grouse in between.
Nose: Intense, mature, chocolate, dried fruit, nutty
Mouth: Medium Bodied, off-dry, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, hazelnut, vanilla, coffee
- Almacenista mean stockholder; a Solera owner who buys Sherry (or must) from a farmer or grower, then matures it in a Solera before selling it the one of Jerez's Sherry Houses. A rare and sometimes accidental hybrid, Palo Cortado combines the supple elegance of a Amontillado and the vigor and intensity of a full-blown Oloroso. Vides ages their Sherries for 15-20 years.
Write Your Own Review