- Dry Amontillado Sherry Los Arcos
- Palomino Fino
- Spain > Andalucia
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Chilled Amontillados are wonderful aperitifs and great tablemates.
- Perfect with starters like country paté,
- nutty dishes such as chicken molé
- or linguine with pesto trapanese.
Nose: Medium Intensity, aged, molasses, nutty, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, off-dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, long finish, carmelized, peach, tea, almond
- Host of numerous literary references (notably Edgar Allen Poe and Isak Dinesen), Amontillado historically characterized the wine style of the Andalusian town of Montilla. Today it typifies a fino sherry that is matured on flor yeasts for some years, fortified to 16% alc. prior to extended oxidation through American casks, resulting in a wine of dark, rich complexity.
Write Your Own Review