- Les Vignes de Bila-Haut 2016
- Grenache, Syrah, Carignan
- France > Languedoc-Roussillon
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair dense, well-fruited reds with deep and long-cooked flavors.
- Serve with a savory pot roast and roasted root vegetables,
- shephard's pie
- or braised chicken Oaxacan molé negro.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, black fruits, brambly, floral
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, blackberry, black cherry, black pepper
- "Let the soil speak, express the terroir and the vintage." Braille on the label, Biodynamic in the vineyards and a monster in the bottle, Bila-Haut, from Michel Chapoutier's 150 acre estate in Latour-de-France, within eyeshot of the Spanish border, is more than anything else, a wine made in the vineyards. A Wine Spectator Top 100 pick in 2009, praise has followed this wild Roussillon red since its inception.
Write Your Own Review