- Meursault 1er Cru 1996
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- When the wine is rich, earthy and nuanced, compliment it with similarly styled dishes.
- First, smoked salmon and brie on toast.
- Then, an olive oil steamed lobster
- or a creamy seafood risotto.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, mushroom, nutty, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, smoky, pear, truffle
- As run by the august Madame Lalou Bize-Leroy, her eponymous domaine is the most celebrated biodynamic estate in Burgundy, if not the world. In part responsible (as co-manager) for RomanÈe-Conti's rise to iconic status, Bize-Leroy was famously ousted from
Write Your Own Review