- La Maldiciòn Tinto de Valdilecha 2018
- Tempranillo, Malvar
- Spain > Madrid
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Vibrant
- Match an exuberantly alive Tempranillo-based red with everything that gets you excited.
- Hamburgers, lamb burgers or Boca burgers.
- Chicken and rice, rice and beans or beans on toast.
- Lasagna and tacos too.
Eyes: Pale Ruby
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, crushed stones, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, raspberry, cherry
- More solo project than side hustle, La Maldicion (The Curse) is Marc Isart's paean to an old, very old, style of winemaking. Breaking from his day job at Bernabeleva, in and of itself a bit of an outlier (it's name means bear path), Marc co-ferments organically farmed Tempranillo and Malvar with natural yeast, then ages the wine in both cement and 300l used French oak. He bottles without filtering, fining or sulfites.
Write Your Own Review