- Brachetto d'Acqui Pineto 2020
- Italy > Piedmont
- Bubbly Red, Sweet, Light-Bodied, Fruity, Soft
- From aperitif through dessert, Brachetto is fun and festive.
- A simple classic with a bowl of super-ripe strawberries.
- Try with a cranberry-almond chicken salad
- or gianduiotti (hazelnut chocolates.)
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, herbaceous, red fruits, roses
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, medium sweet, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, cherry, strawberry jam, spicy
- Various legends have Cleopatra seducing lovers with a luscious sweet red wine made from the Brachetto grape (and as many have Caesar and Marc Antony introducing her to it.) The fact is however, that prior to being granted DOCG status in 1996, there were many fizzy reds masquerading as Brachetto, but now growth is limited to 18 communes in and around the town of Aqui Terme and the quality is high. So says Gianduja da Gioan d'laduja.
Write Your Own Review