- Trepat 2012
- Spain > Catalonia
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Floral, Lean
- Light-bodied, vibrant red? You make the call.
- Try roasted cod with raisins and pine nuts
- or pork cheeks with tamarind and thyme.
- In Mountblanc, it's charcoal-roasted calçots dipped in romesco sauce.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, roses, raspberry, strawberry
- There's only about 4000 acres of Trepat planted worldwide, and 3700 of them are in Conca de Barberà, an hour's drive due west of Barcelona. Most of it gets used for rosé or to give Cava a boost, but Ricard Sebastia, of Mas Foraster, uses most of his for a nervy red wine. Organic farming, long hang time, 50% green harvest, indigenous yeasts, and a few months of French oak.
Write Your Own Review