Masseria Li Veli
- Verdeca Askos 2012
- Italy > Puglia
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Bottlerocker Patrick has requested this as his "last meal" wine.
- Will he have mussels steamed in peperoncini and garlic,
- orecchiette con le cime de rapa
- and chicken with fava beans? Yes, but not soon.
Eyes: Pale Yellow-Green
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, floral, tropical fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, pear, pineapple, mineral
- Purchased, renovated and revisioned by the Falvo family (ex-, well 90% ex-Avignonesi), this Apulian estate champions the forgotten, indigenous varieties of the Valle d'Itria. Their organically farmed Verdeca, a grape once relegated to cheap Vermouth production, now planted in traditional Roman military settonce pattern, gets a vibrant, mineral-rich, new life here.
Write Your Own Review