- Barolo 2010
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Match a floral-scented, vibrant Barolo with unpretentiously rich dishes.
- Terrific with wild mushroom fricassée over polenta,
- gnocchi baked in fontina
- or porcini-braised rabbit with truffled pasta.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, cinnamon, red fruits, violets
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black cherry, spicy, truffle
- Holders of some the choicest lieu-dit in Serralunga, with plots in Marheria, Vigna Rionda and Parafada, the wines of Massolino are consistently ranked with the heavy-hitter names of the region. Winemaker Giovanni Angeli ('05 was his 1st with Massolino) ages his Barolo for 30 months in large barrels, then matures them for a year in bottle before release. Wonderfully layered and textural.
Write Your Own Review