- Greco di Tufo 2012
- Greco di Tufo
- Italy > Campagna
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Match an aromatic Greco with robust and flavorful fare.
- Pair with roasted fennel or eggplant,
- cavatelli with broccoli rabe and roasted almonds
- or involtini di pesce spada (Sicilian swordfish rolls.)
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, chalk, nutty, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, peach, almond, mineral
- Established by Pietro di Berardino, the title "Mastro" was combined later, this nearly 275 year old winery is almost single-handedly responsible for the revitalization, and in some cases, resurrection of the nearly extinct grape varieties native to Campagna. The Greco di Tufo grapes grow in chalky, volcanic soil and are vinified in steel tanks. Zesty, nutty and mineral-rich.
Write Your Own Review