- Lacryma Christi Bianco 2011
- Coda di Volpe
- Italy > Naples
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Soft
- Match mineral-rich whites with briny seafood, vibrant vegetables and creamy cheeses. So... Neopolitan.
- A great match with caprese salad,
- fritto misto di mare
- or a steamy plate of linguine with clams.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, flint, lemon, pear
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, low-medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, stone fruits, almond, mineral
- While Mount Vesuvius has destroyed towns like Pompeii and Herculaneum and is the only active volcano on mainland Europe to have erupted in the last 100 years, it has also created a lava-rich soil perfect for the cultivation of Coda di Volpe. Legend has it that it's not the lava that makes the wine, but rather the "tears of Christ" that fell on the spot where the vine grows (DNA says lava.)
Write Your Own Review