- Merlot Reserve 2006
- Merlot, Cabernet Franc
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair a supple and complex Merlot with flavorful meats and stews.
- Try a hearty lamb and mushroom casserole,
- coffee and chocolate braised beef shanks
- or roasted pork loin with plum chutney.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, earthy, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, smoky, creme de cassis
- Symbolized by a hallmark honeybee label, an expression of his dedication to the job it takes to get from vine to bottle, the grapes for industry vet Tom Meadowcroft's Reserve Merlot are sourced from sustainably-grown, cool climate Napa and Carneros sites and aged for nearly a year and a half in barrel. His 2006 vintage offering was not bottled and released until late 2012. Just right.
Write Your Own Review