Michael David Winery
- Cabernet Sauvignon Freakshow 2012
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match the boldness of the meal to the boldness of the wine.
- Grill some shell steaks and top with gorgonzola
- or turn yesterday's roast beef into tonight's Texas chili.
- Whip up a Sicilian chocolate lasagna.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, creme de cassis, licorice
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, blackberry, creme de cassis, black cherry
- Fifth generation Lodi grape growers, Michael and David refers to the Phillips brothers, who started their family winery in 1984, with no less than half a dozen assorted Phillips involved in the day to day business today. Known for their creatively named releases (Inkblot, Sloth, Rage), their Freakshow is a "turned up to 11" bottling, with a healthy dollop of Petite Sirah under the Cabernet.
Write Your Own Review