Michel Girard et Fils
- Sancerre 2021
- Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Match Sancerre's stony minerality and citrusy zest with tangy and briny flavors.
- Try mussels in a lemon-herb butter,
- pan-seared grouper with a basil-lime pistou
- or warm goat cheese medallions.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, crushed stones, grapefruit, gooseberry
- Michel Girard, with sons Philippe and Benoit, produce outstanding wines from 50 acres of estate vines planted in all 3 of Sancerre's distinct soil types; silex, caillottes and terre blanches. Their annual release is a deft blend of selections from all of their sites, fermented with native yeasts, fermented and aged in stainless steel tanks to preserve and present the full expression of their mineral-rich terroir.
Write Your Own Review