Moulin de Chauvigne
- Coteaux du Layon 2016
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Crisp
- A deliciously sweet Chenin can compliment any course.
- Start with taleggio and basil-stuffed arancini.
- Roasted quail with foie gras and truffles comes next.
- Finish with an ice cream-topped apple cobbler.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, honey, stone fruits, tropical fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, medium sweet, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, apricot, green apple, pineapple
- Starting with a scant 3 hectares of vineyards in Rochefort-sur-Loire in 1992, Christian and Sylvie Plessis-Termeau have upped their sustainably-farmed holdings to include 6 hectares in Savennieres and an additional 2 in Rochefort. Their Coteaux du Layon contains botrytised grapes, and while drinking gorgeously now, will gain great complexity with age over the next 5-7 years.
Write Your Own Review