- Colheita 1998
- Touriga Nacional, Tinta Franca, Tinta Roriz
- Portugal > Douro
- Red, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Aged Tawnys pair well with the rich and nutty (if you know what I mean.)
- Serve with an almond tart,
- pumpkin pie
- or sip by the fire. A planned and controlled fire.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, fig, spicy, tar
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, orange blossoms, dried fruit, nutty
- Colheitas are Tawny Ports from a single vintage, aged in barrel a minimum of 7 years (9 years in the case of the 1998.) Hand-picked and foot-trodden, independent and family-owned, 170 year-old Niepoort ages its Colheitas in small, used oak barrels in the cool cellars beneath their lodges at Vila Nova de Gaia.
Write Your Own Review