- Malbec Terroir Blend 2009
- Argentina > Mendoza
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Some Malbecs need more than steak to keep them happy.
- Start with duck confit and red onion jam on toast,
- then braised lamb shanks with blackberry compote.
- Finish off with Ghanaian dark chocolate.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, coffee, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, blackberry, blueberry, black cherry
- With production coming from a gleaming state-of-the-art winery, a full 1000 acres under vine and the capacity for bottling 12 million bottles a year, this (somehow) traditionally run, circa 1888 winery, under the guidance of winemaker Roberto Jesus Gonzalez, caps the Nieto line with this Malbec showcase, blending fruit from 3 vineyards of different altitudes, aged 12 months in French oak.
Write Your Own Review