- Frappato 2013
- Italy > Sicily
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- Match vibrant Sicilian reds with comforting Sicilian dishes.
- Try spaghetti with roasted eggplant and blistered tomatoes,
- or skip the eggplant and substitute fresh anchovies
- and garlicky breadcrumbs.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, strawberry, black cherry, forest floor
- At 16 she was a go-fer for her uncle Giusto (COS wines) at Vinitaly. And just like that, she was studying eonology at university. At 21 she produced her 1st wines from the vines that surrounded her house: Frappato and Nero d'Avola. Now, Arianna Occhipinti works with 10 hectares of old vine, biodynamic fruit, native yeasts and is the face of Sicily's natural wine movement.
Write Your Own Review