- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc...
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair pedigreed Napa classics with roasted game or beef.
- Try filet mignon drizzled with a Port reduction,
- medallions of venison
- or a short rib-stuffed Wagyu burger smothered in aged Irish cheddar.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, red fruits, tobacco, vanilla
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, black currant, black cherry, licorice
- The supposed second wine of Opus One, the non-vintage Overture is more like a greatest hits. An assemblage of the 2007, 2010 and 2011 vintages, Overture is comprised of the same five varieties (and vineyards) as its more famous sibling, with each component seeing an extended time in barrel. A tougher find than Opus One, Overture was offered to retailers for the first time in 2014.
Write Your Own Review