- Papillon 2013
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Malbec
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match full-blown Napa cuvées with strong, simple flavors.
- Try a crown roast of lamb with oregano and rosemary,
- venison chops in a blackberry compote
- or cheese-stuffed, balsamic-grilled portobellos.
Nose: Intense, developing, black fruits, spicy, vanilla
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, plum, creme de cassis, chocolate
- Dave Phinney’s first grape-planting took place in Arizona, while a student at U of A. Next, he worked a harvest at Robert Mondavi. Shortly thereafter he purchased two tons of Zin and started Orin Swift. Next came The Prisoner (sold off in 2009.) No wine has gone from cult to bestseller in "swifter" fashion. Papillon is the team's homage to Bordeaux, by way of Napa. A bold and vibrant butterfly.
Write Your Own Review