- Erbaluce di Caluso La Rustia 2013
- Italy > Piedmont
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Match zesty aromatic whites with everything from briny seafood to richly sauced white meats.
- Try with insalada di bresaola,
- plump crab cakes
- and long-simmered pork with a creamy lemon and dill sauce.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, green apple, herbaceous
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, wild flowers, stone fruits, mineral
- Quick. What comes from the Cavanese hills, was given DOCG status in 1967, can be crisp and dry, a refined sparkler or a decadently rich dessert wine? Cantina Orsolani dates from 1894, but has specialized in the native Alpine variety, Erbaluce, for only the last 40 or so years. A three time Gambero Rosso Tre Bicchieri, La Rustia (roasted) refers to its sun-drenched vineyard locale.
Write Your Own Review