- Toscana Rosso 2013
- Prugnolo Gentile, Canaiolo, etc.
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Match supple Tuscan reds with strong simple flavors.
- Try with linguine or penne alla marinara,
- bean and barley soup or soupy beans with dumplings,
- lamb stew or feta-stuffed lamb burgers.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, licorice, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, cherry, tobacco
- Take the basic recipe for Chianti, replace the standard issue Sangiovese with Prugnolo Gentile, the celebrated grape used for Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, and you have Ortaglia's Toscana Rosso. Perched hilltop, a mile from the center of Montepulciano, Ortaglia's estate includes olive groves, a bed & breakfast, views of San Biagio's famous dome, and of course, terrific wines.
Write Your Own Review