- Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva 2008
- Prugnolo Gentile, Canaiolo, Mammolo
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Pair mature and well-rounded Tuscan reds with robust flavors.
- Try pan-roasted chicken with olives and capers,
- Semolina gnocchi and braised oxtail ragu
- or bucatini marinara with sausage and peas.
Nose: Medium Intensity, mature, floral, licorice, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, cherry, earthy
- Perched hilltop, a mile or so from the center of the town of Montepulciano, Ortaglia's estate includes olive groves, a bed & breakfast, views of San Biagio's famous dome, and of course, terrific wines. For their Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Reserva, after over a year's aging in huge botti (1000+ liter casks), the wine is matured for another two years in bottle before release.
Write Your Own Review