- Chenin Blanc 2016
- Chenin Blanc
- U.S.A. > New York
- White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- Pair racy Chenins with the freshest of fish and seafood dishes.
- A dozen oysters, fried cod cakes and a steamed lobster for starters.
- Try baked flounder with lemon pepper
- or a sausage and clam stew.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, mineral, red apple
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, melon, tropical fruits, herbaceous
- Paumanok's Kareem Massoud somehow used to bottle his Chenin Blanc a week before Thanksgiving, less than two months after harvest. With the 2016 vintage, he's gone the other way, releasing it the following summer. He blends three distinct lots, cool tank ferments and bottles with a screwcap, all in an effort to preserve the vibrancy of New York's premier (only?) 100% Chenin Blanc.
Write Your Own Review