- Dry Oloroso Sherry
- Palomino Fino
- Spain > Andalucia
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Nutty, Rich
- Serve a dry, but rich Oloroso at any point during a meal. It's that versatile.
- Try with toasted spiced nuts, smoked duck
- or pan-roasted quail.
- Finish with an aged Gouda or Fourme d'Ambert.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, aged, butterscotch, cigar box, nutty
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, off-dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, long finish, leather , toffee, chocolate
- One of the two principle styles of Sherry (the other being Fino or Manzanilla), Olorosos are defined by the oxidative aging process. Whereas the freshness of most Finos are retained by the integrity of the flor yeast, Oloroso develop without recourse to flor (suppressed by fortification), resulting in richer hue and greater concentration. Siga, trátelo!
Write Your Own Review