- Riesling Kabinett Trocken 2011
- Germany > Pfalz
- White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Dry Riesling is the wine world's gift to the dinner table.
- Serve with poached salmon and steamed asparagus,
- smoked pork loin with apple cider succotash
- or a cream-sauced breast of chicken.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, floral, mineral
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, lime, flint
- Check the alcohol level, if it's over 12% and you see the word "trocken" on the label, then the wine is dry. This Riesling, out of the truly wonderful 2011 vintage, satisfies on both accounts. 13th generation winemaker Gerd Petri shifted his family estate from bulk sales to estate bottled wine gradually since taking over in 1977, with fruit-laden, dry wines the emphasis.
Write Your Own Review