- Condrieu 2007
- France > Rhone
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- Aromatic whites are the little black dresses of wine.
- A little passé with quenelle de brochet,
- fashionable with a filet of Alaskan king salmon
- and always sexy with saag paneer!
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, apricot, floral, melon, tropical fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, intense, long finish, citrus fruits, stone fruits, mineral
- Economically speaking, producing a Condrieu is stupid. Hillside vineyards must be hand harvested, soil erosion is a constant threat and Viognier yields are spectacularly low in granite soils, but for over 2000 years it has been made and celebrated. Lionel Faury continues this tradition into a new century. His wine is aged 11 months sur lie in both stainless steel and new oak with regular battonage, creating a Rhône classic.
Write Your Own Review