Pierre Prieur et Fils
- Sancerre Rosé 2017
- Pinot Noir
- France > Loire Valley
- Rose, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Sancerre rosé? Just keep the flavors fresh and everything will fall into place.
- Go for an heirloom tomato and basil tart,
- a calamari, chile and watermelon salad
- and sweet-tangy-salty Korean-style chicken wings.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, flint, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, lemon, strawberry, cherry
- Sourced from a flint and pebbly-chalk caillotte soil and 20-30 year old vines, the Pinot Noir for the Prieur family's La Damnée cuvée (referring to the difficulty in working the heavily sloped vineyards, le mont damnée, those damned slopes) is hand-harvested and direct pressed at low temperatures in order to bolster and intensify the wine's aromatics and support the vibrantly fresh flavors and textures.
Write Your Own Review