- Pinot Blanc 2019
- Pinot Blanc
- France > Alsace
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Aromatic Pinot Blancs compliment every course.
- A natural with local oysters like Widow's Hole or Bluepoints.
- Great with lemon-creme chicken
- or as counterpoint to a triple creme like Brillat-Savarin.
Eyes: Pale Yellow-Green
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, fresh cut grass, lemon, stone fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, pear, red apple, mineral
- With roots dating to the late 17th century (that's Louis XIV's reign), the venerable Domaine Sparr had its vineyards destroyed during WWII (battle of Sigolsheim, Dec. 1944.) Rebounded, rebuilt and into its 9th generation of vignerons, they farm 40 acres of vineyards from Thann in the Haut-Rinn to Kintzheim in the Bas-Rhin. Their aromatic, mineral-driven Pinot Blanc a standout.
Write Your Own Review