- Orvieto Classico 2009
- Grechetto, Trebbiano
- Italy > Umbria
- White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Light, with a citrus crispness, match an Orvieto with both simply prepared and complexly flavored dishes.
- Try pasta topped with wild Umbrian asparagus,
- paella Valenciana
- or a tangy goat cheese tart.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-Light Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, green apple, mineral
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, lemon, pear, green apple
- Rising dramatically from a volcanic tuff, the medieval city of Orvieto was a center of art, culture and winemaking during the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. With its miles of underground passages and gothic architecture, tourism is now the bulk of its economy, although modernization and strict standards have brought its once sagging wine industry back to former glory.
Write Your Own Review