- Primitivo Casa Vecchia 2011
- Italy > Puglia
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair a Primitivo with rustic recipes and and comfortable chow.
- Sensational with sliced sausages over spaghetti.
- Marvelous with meatloaf
- and perfect with pepperoni pizza, alliteratively speaking.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, herbaceous, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, blackberry, cloves
- Sourcing from organically farmed, bush-trained old vines, this youngish winery in the Mandurian town of Surani also utilizes a biannual green harvest, dropping fruit twice a year to invigorate the remaining grapes. And just to be even more modern, not a splinter of wood can be found in the Pirro Varone winery. All the wines are fermented and aged in stainless steel. Clean and pure.
Write Your Own Review