- Chardonnay 2012
- U.S.A. > California
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair full-blown Napa Chardonnays with bold and decadent dishes.
- Perfect with seared scallops and tarragon butter,
- sea urchin ravioli
- or grilled Alaskan king crab dipped in a lemon-chili mayonnaise.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, oak, spicy, tropical fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, intense, long finish, wild flowers, stone fruits, green apple, guava
- Founded by former San Francisco Mayor, now Ca. Lt. Governor, Gavin Newsom, and Gordon Getty (yup, those Gettys), the Oakville winery is one of 16 separate businesses under the Plumpjack umbrella. Known as the first estate to bottle their top offerings with Stelvin (screwcap) closures, their Cabernet is legendary, but it's their full-throttle Chardonnay that still flies under the radar.
Write Your Own Review