- Brunello di Montalcino 2008
- Sangiovese Grosso
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Pair a wonderfully aged Brunello with full-flavored fare.
- Serve with sliced porterhouse or baby lamb chops,
- braised recipes from boar to venison
- or sip with aged cheeses like Asiago or pecorino.
Nose: Medium Intensity, mature, floral, forest floor, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black cherry, licorice, cedar
- Produced by Azienda Agricola Renzo Cosimi, Poggio dell'Aguilla's Brunello di Montalcino starts life with grapes grown in Il Poggiolo, 450 feet above sea level. The fruit ferments in steel tanks for 3-4 weeks before beginning a 3 year aging in small barrels. The maturing wine is then transferred to 500 liter oak tonneaux for a year, and finally rests for 10+ months in bottle before release.
Write Your Own Review