- Rosso di Montalcino 2011
- Sangiovese Grosso
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Pair supple Tuscan reds with robust, yet succinct flavors.
- Try pan-roasted chicken with olives and capers,
- tagliata con rucola (sliced steak with arugula)
- or bucatini marinara with sausage and peas.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, vanilla
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, smoky, wild flowers, raspberry
- Produced by Azienda Agricola Renzo Cosimi, Poggio dell'Aguilla's Brunello di Montalcino starts life with grapes grown in and around Il Poggiolo, The fruit ferments in steel tanks for 2-3 weeks before beginning 6 months of aging in barrique. The maturing wine is then transferred to 500 liter oak tonneaux for 6 more months, and finally rests for a final 6 months in bottle before release.
Write Your Own Review